Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tweet, Tweet! Who's there?

Twitter... Honestly, before studying it in class I thought it was pointless. I tired to get involved before but could never establish why exactly I needed this outlet. I kept thinking, all I have is 140 characters to describe my situation... what's the point? Well, after last week's discussion in class and my research into Twitter, I have determined that Twitter (microblogging) can be benficial to individuals and companies.
First, individuals can benefit from Twitter in that it allows them to keep up with people of their interest. Additionally, people can quickly read news articles and other bits of information quickly. For me, Twitter has become a way to follow certain athletes of my interest to hear their personal perspectives of how things are going with their season. Also, Twitter has allowed me to follow a cousin of mine who recently got back from a European vacation. I was able to go back and look at photos and read accounts of her time in each location. The possibilities are seemingly boundless for personal use of microblogging sites like Twitter.com
For businesses and other organizations, Twitter serves as a trendous avenue to relay needed information to desire publics. Businesses can place any type of link to information they would like that automatically is relayed to those who "follow". It goes without saying that this is a tremendous marketing and public relations tool.

Here is a video that should explain Twitter in plain english......




Also, here is an article that explains 10 ways Twitter will change businesses forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment