Thursday, February 18, 2010

RSS- Really Simple Syndication


Hello again! When I first heard of RSS, Really Simple Syndication, I was unaware of the things it allowed for you to do. If you look at what what the acronym means it will breakdown exactly what RSS is. It is a really simple way to syndicate different media. Basically, you can have all your blogs, news feeds, etc. in one location. In order to be able to read an RSS feed you must successfully install an RSS reader. Once you find a reader you just have to find the right websites to follow and add them to your feed.
What I like about RSS is that it allows me to retrieve information from websites I enjoy really quickly. I choose to use Google Reader which is an application we have learned about extensively in class. I am new to using RSS so I will have to work to understand it better. I guess that is one of the purposes of this class.
In case you were wondering a quick and easy way to blog then here is a video from YouTube.
Also, I was thinking that another way to remember syndication was to think about television. Think about the television application of the word syndication and it will help you better understand it. Earlier I discussed how I used Google Reader. Well, click on the highlighted text and it will take you right where you want to be.
In the professional world blogs can be used for all different types of work. Journalists can use it to find valuable source information. Educators can use it to stay up to date on different ways to educate young people. Basically, the point is that RSS can be used for more than recreational use. Professionals of all types can use RSS to make their job easier and more efficient.
Just in case you want to learn more here is a website that will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment